Wednesday, March 3, 2010

3/3/2010 Letter


Hi! I'm not going to lie. The MTC is hard. The walls are closing in a little, and I'm pretty sleep deprived, which makes everything that happens here a hundred times funnier, haha. Hey! Email me please! With news about you and the outside world: maria.liang@myldsmail.net. thanks.

This week, I had the distinct pleasure of challenging and tying in a super reverent eating contest with Elder Burrola, and by judge's vote, it came out to be a tie. Items eaten in a 20 minute period included beef stroganoff, peas, chicken fajita, rice, beans, salad, pineapple, banana coconut pie, blueberry cheesecake, refried beans and beef, apple cobbler, and finally, in a final showdown, an entire sleeve of Oreos in 30 seconds. I've discovered the following things: eating the cafeteria's chimichanga ruined my life for a day, the elders have all started blending into each other, and God is the only thing that gets you through anything. It's funny, in the past week I've had lots of fun run in's: my bishop at NYU's mom and dad, old EFY friends, oh, and teacher Brother Jepsen!, and other people from high school.

Oh! And I got called to be a coordinating sister, which is awesome. Our district is unique - we have more sisters than elders! Anyhow.Oh, and also, if you are an endowed sister, and you are willing to do me a favor that involves temple stuff needs, and will be recompensed with money and possibly blessings (?), can you write me at Dearelder.com (Australia Brisbane mission!)? Thank you, thank you! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment