Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10/12/10 Letter




Hi,

I can't believe it. Today, I got transferred out of the Gold Coast.
What! To a place called Park Ridge! With a flash flat with three bedrooms, and a full-time car, and my own bathroom. What! I can't believe I won't be biking every other day.

My new companion is Sister Feomaia from Western Samoa. I get to do English language study with her in the morning! Yes! The work is wonderful, and the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. We got to see General Conference this weekend, and I just thought it was phenomenal.
Saturday morning's always the best. Here are some things I think:

- We're cherished and prayed for by the presiding authorities of the Church. What!
- "The world will teach our children if we do not." Sister Wixon, what a lady.
- "...Reject him and suffer." Bold. Back to basics: follow the prophet.
- Time and agency, our two most precious gifts. Whenever we disobey God, we become captive to our choices. "God will force no man to heaven."
- "Honest toil gives rest its sweetness."
- Life on earth will be long enough for each person, no matter how long or short it is.
- "We are responsible for our own faith." It is not a free gift. Choose faith.
- Whenever we reach out to a child of God, we reach out to all their ancestors, and also to all their posterity after them.
- Character is made up of countless correct decisions.
- Acts of wickedness will never result in a feeling of peace. John 14: 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment